|Volunteer Accounts Clerk Vacancy
The position would be particularly suitable for a retired or elderly person wishing to put years of experience into a worthwhile cause.
Duties will include:
- Maintenance of accounts using standard double entry book-keeping to trial balance level.
- Covering all aspects of PAYE and accept responsibility as MYCT agent with HMRC.
- Paying bills, bank cheques and handle petty cash.
- Carrying out monthly bank reconciliations and petty cash checks.
- Visiting Allerton Towers once a week to collect invoices which need paying, project sheets for group fees, cash and cheques, any correspondence for donations or grants received and tie up any moneys paid out by staff.
- At MYCT year end, drawing up profit and loss account and ensure accounts balance.
- Furnishing accountants with copies of all accounts, bank statements, invoices, petty cash chits, copies of PAYE records (P11s) and total of MYCT element of N.I. payments.
- Noting details of accruals, reserves, cheques not presented by year end and petty cash in hand at year end.
- Liaising with auditors to assist them to produce final accounts for the trustees, company house and the charity commission.
- Producing P45’s and P46’s for HMRC as necessary.
- At tax year end, producing P14 and P35 tax summaries on the payroll.
- Also any other forms which may be required.
- Furnishing all members of staff on PAYE with P60s.
Note: All PAYE activities now have to be done on-line.
Please contact the centre for further information on 0151 428 9758 or via the contact page.